I wanted to treat myself for my birthday and I knew the only way I was gonna get anything remotely close to a cake was if I made it myself.
These cookies were pretty easy to make (and that means a lot coming from someone who consistently fucks up trying to bake)
- good quality dark chocolate bar (1 cup chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- sea salt
- any ice cream of your liking
- preheat oven to 375F
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and cayenne. Then stir in chocolate chunks
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs then add in the sugars, oil, ginger, and vanilla. Gently mix then slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Form dough into roughly golf ball size and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment (or in my case I just Pammed that shit)
- Smush down cookie slightly and add a sprinkle of sea salt
- STUFF WITH LOADS OF DELICIOUS ICE CREAM GOODNESS, GORGE
All in all I thought they turned out pretty good. You could just taste the heat and ginger on the back of your tongue. I think next time I make these I might bump up the heat a little bit since I like some spiciness in my desserts.